Thursday, October 7, 2010

After the hiatus

It’s been a very long time since my last post. I had been through roller coaster ride during this time. The excitement I had when Obama got elected could not last very long as due to the recession I had under gone a layoff and the complete coast-coast relocation only to realize I landed on a job that had a work culture that wasn’t for me. Before long I had started looking for a new job and I was able to finally get what I wanted.

It was tough times yes, but on the other hand truly a very learning experience. I got to realize that it is not having a job that is important – it is 10 times more important that the JOB NEEDS YOU. If one doubts that his job responsibilities/functions don’t make much difference to the company - it is time to look for the next job. The one other aspect of work life is we usually try to prosper by making sure what we want – but seldom list out what we don’t. It is as important to know what you don’t want, where you don’t wanna be etc. as these are the means by which you will know when to get out of a place without wasting much time. Life is too short to lose time at a place where you don’t wanna be.

Also, I cannot thank enough my better-half who was there to support me through these tough times. I couldn't have made it without this quintessential support.

Hopefully I will be able to get back on track and keep the blog live – it is always encouraging to receive comments and suggestions. Appreciate it a lot when you take time to not only stop by but to share your thoughts against mine.

With best wishes to one and all

Analyst.

No comments: